Why does my betta flare up 0,0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crewless

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta keeps flareing up for no reason i know this is trivial but im curious lols

Tank mate? Water parameters.
My betta is in a community tank, and only flares when someone wanders into his "home"

o_O well no idea on paramiters no money to buy a test kit and tank mates hes alone it looks like hes stareing me down and conspireing to kill me o,0

If you can't afford 25$ for a simply liquid test kit then you should consider finding another hobby. :/

o_O 25$ o.o the tank costed that much o.o and its a 5 gallon o.o with a chest decor and a plastic plant with a aqua flow filter with a preset heater and a thermomiter o.o bettas are easy to take care of but i recently lost my job so im trying to find another

o_O 25$ o.o the tank costed that much o.o and its a 5 gallon o.o with a chest decor and a plastic plant with a aqua flow filter with a preset heater and a thermomiter o.o bettas are easy to take care of but i recently lost my job so im trying to find another
Sorry about your job. Hopefully, you find another soon. Bettas will flare at their reflections sometimes. So, maybe he is seeing himself in the glass. I have also heard of some who flare at people. Maybe you make him feel territorial. But, as long as isn't in crazy excess, it isn't bad for him.

Hope all works out for your Betta. It's pretty important to get yourself a test kit.

Did you cycle your tank before adding him?

How often do you change your water?

BTW, since you can't afford a test kit right now, most fish stores will test your water for free. You can do that until you are able to get a test kit. :) If you take your water somewhere to be tested, make sure they use a liquid kit, not test strips. Test strips are not accurate.

My bettas flare frequently too, for no apparent reason. (I have 2 and they cant see each other) My guess is its because they see a reflection of theirself in the glass when the light is just right. I dont mind because they look really cool.

As long as he isnt hitting at the glass or freaking out I wouldnt worry about it, just sit back and enjoy it. The flared fin look is the primary reason I have mine.

Back
Top Bottom