Why he died???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
Ok so I'm not sure why he died.... I walked in and noticed my firemouth chiclid floating.... He is house with two lemon belly barbs and three parrot fish in a 55....they all seem healthy... Check out the picture that I added.... He belly seemed wierd.... I'm about to do a warred change...it was close to 40 ppm....

Attachments

• image-2947908259.jpg
    image-2947908259.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 99
Wow that looks painful, it appears like a internal bacteria infection that effected his colon. I personally don't think that happened overnight but none the less I would certainly treat for it. A good broad spectrum antibiotic like Paraguard by Seachem should help.

Also at some point you need to look into your stocking since it's overstocked but that's another topic.

HUKIT said:
Wow that looks painful, it appears like a internal bacteria infection that effected his colon. I personally don't think that happened overnight but none the less I would certainly treat for it. A good broad spectrum antibiotic like Paraguard by Seachem should help.

Also at some point you need to look into your stocking since it's overstocked but that's another topic.

Ok I will pick it up... How do you use it and would it affect my other fish....

Back
Top Bottom