Why is my opaline gourami sitting on the bottom of the tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still concerned with the foggy water issue.

Weird question but you don't turn off your filter at night, do you?

Is everything left running 24 hours, like the filter and airstone?

What do you put into the tank, i.e., Prime, etc.

I'm just grasping at straws here, I can't see why you have foggy water that appears every morning but clears up every day.

LyndaB said:
I'm still concerned with the foggy water issue.

Weird question but you don't turn off your filter at night, do you?

Is everything left running 24 hours, like the filter and airstone?

What do you put into the tank, i.e., Prime, etc.

I'm just grasping at straws here, I can't see why you have foggy water that appears every morning but clears up every day.

the filter stays on all the time, and the same goes for all other equipment. I use prime and dry ferts daily. It could be the ferts I guess, but they've never made the water foggy before

Humor me, stop using the ferts for a few days and see what happens. Is it possible you're overdosing the ferts and this gourami is letting you know?

LyndaB said:
Humor me, stop using the ferts for a few days and see what happens. Is it possible you're overdosing the ferts and this gourami is letting you know?

That its possible. I will stop ferts for a while and see if it improves. I'll let you know

Here's what the water looked like the first day I noticed it you see it more on the si

ForumRunner_20120608_132231.jpg

Now

ForumRunner_20120608_132345.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120608_132238.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120608_132238.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 63
Water is clear this morning!!!!!!! IM not sure its the ferts though because I forgot to dose them Monday ,and theater still got cloudy. Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks!!!.

I don't want to start another thread, but I've noticed something different with this dish.

His fine now, not sitting on the bottom, but I noticed this past week small blueish dots on all his fins. Its smaller than ich dots, and blueish. There is one on the bottom of his anal fin as well, kinda looks like its hanging off. I'm not sure if this is just their coloration, sincce the spots are blue, or what this could be. No other fish have anything remotely like it.

Ill try to take a pic

Darklight said:
Im pretty sure this is normal coloration. I have kept these Gourami in the past and mine were the same:)

Your sure? The tiny dots, not the larger ones. I'm glad it's not some disease or anything lol

Back
Top Bottom