Wifes dwarf puffer has passed away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I couldn't believe it! She got really attached to that little guy :( I feel horrible!! She would watch him at night as his tank is on her night stand :( now it just an empty tank. Very sad to see my wife upset. She loved that little what I called a pea pod lol.

Water conditions were fine when I tested. It's a 4 gallon Aqueon evolve. Poor lil guy.

I took this the other day.

Thanks everyone!! :(

It broke my heart to see her like that! It's a tiny little fishy and she lived him!! She called him perry. I'm calling the LFS tomorrow while she's working, if they have one it's hers. I did a water change and swished the filter in the tank water. Treated it and have it running. It's sad as I look over and see the blue LED and no lil guy swimming :(

He was doing good too! Eating bloodworms and brine shrimp. Not much of course but he ate. I wonder if it was the snails? 2 days ago the LFS gave us a handful of those nuisance snails and he went to town.

Did you come to you treated for internal parasites? That my best guess. It does stink though. I hope the next one is healthier.

absolutangel04 said:
Did you come to you treated for internal parasites? That my best guess. It does stink though. I hope the next one is healthier.

No I didn't :( the LFS said they had him in QT and treated him. Said they had him for 10 days before they were gonna sell him.

I will get her another and treat it regardless.

Well, if they had him in qt and treated him, it may have just been a fluke.
I think treating him for the parasites yourself might be a good precaution though. Likr I said, I really hope the next one is healthier.

absolutangel04 said:
Well, if they had him in qt and treated him, it may have just been a fluke.
I think treating him for the parasites yourself might be a good precaution though. Likr I said, I really hope the next one is healthier.

Thank you!!

It looks like the flow of the filter might have been too much for the puffer. It could hardly eat that snail, the water flow kept pushing it back!

Yeah I figured that out after. Too strong of current for the little guy. I figured small tank so it would be ok. Gonna do it again for valentines day but I'll do a much better planted tank and not so much flow.

Back
Top Bottom