Will it kill my BB????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2me

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know if adding salt to freshwater effects the BB?? Also wondered if 'general cure' type meds kill the BB? Thanks in advance for any info. X

Does anyone know if adding salt to freshwater effects the BB?? Also wondered if 'general cure' type meds kill the BB? Thanks in advance for any info. X

What are you treating for?

To my knowledge it won't harm your BB. I treated my tank a few times with no issues.

I have another thread going as I thought it was ICH....but then thought Hole in the head...but today wound on head seems to be healing...no White fluffy scales and no red bit in centre...just been doing lots of water changes and had temp up for ICH???! Not really sure what's going on, she still looks out is condition...lost weight and scales don't seem to be as smooth as they should be but not much fin clamping and more active again and still eating? Thanks for response.

Salt wont affect your bb in lower amounts. As the salinity increases, it will but this can be circumvented to a point by increasing the salinity very gradually. Is it the general cure with metro & prazi? There are older formulations still around that have alot more meds in it than the newer one.

All they seem to have is an antibacterial..melafix or an antifungal..primafix?? Would either help? assuming antibacterial will wreck my filter's BB etc.?!

They also have a general tonic not by API, seems like preventative type of thing tho?? Any suggestions?! Please

Can you post your other thread or atleast provide us with some more info? Tank size? parameters? Stocking? Fish affected? Symptoms? Duration of symptoms? Is this a new fish? Are any other fish affected? Possibly a pic? Its a bit difficult to be able to help when we know nothing about your situation or what you may be dealing with. Thanks!

Can you post your other thread or atleast provide us with some more info? Tank size? parameters? Stocking? Fish affected? Symptoms? Duration of symptoms? Is this a new fish? Are any other fish affected? Possibly a pic? Its a bit difficult to be able to help when we know nothing about your situation or what you may be dealing with. Thanks!

I understand, thanks...I see my last post and realise I got confused which one I was posting on. I started this current thread just to find out about the effects of salt and some meds would have on my BB. Sorry for confusion

Back
Top Bottom