Will my ID shark be ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex.walkerrrrr

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few days ago I got two iridescent sharks and one of my oscars bit one of their heads off, I came home and it had a perfect bite hole so I think it was the oscars, my other living shark has scars all over from the oscar having his head in his mouth and not being able to chew, the oscar has stopped I think but will the shark be ok? Here are some picsImage1484543660.309574.jpgImage1484543694.408030.jpgImage1484543708.251936.jpgImage1484543753.266179.jpgImage1484543769.069735.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really see the trauma, but it doesn't look like your shark has good places to hide. He definitely needs to be able to do that.

I can't really see the trauma, but it doesn't look like your shark has good places to hide. He definitely needs to be able to do that.

So should I move some stuff to make a cave sorta until he grows?

A few days ago I got two iridescent sharks and one of my oscars bit one of their heads off, I came home and it had a perfect bite hole
if a fish will fit in its mouth yes a Oscar will try to eat it . my mouth dropped when I saw it said it bit its head off :eek2: ,
glad to see the shark swimming around , the thing that confused me is Oscars have no teeth , they chew with their inner gills that shark was lucky he was big enough not to make it to those gills.

the shark may have bruising from the Oscars jaws if it's still swimming around he probably didn't sustain no internal injuries,

I had many of those iridescent sharks in the past they never seemed to hid in decor ect they always stayed out in the open also had Oscars ,

now that the Oscar attempted to eat it with no success he will most likely not attempt it again , but it does sound like your Oscars are wanting some feeders .

these iridescent sharks are not a aggressive fish and basically can't defend themselves from predators as you had found out , they do best in tanks with any type large of non aggressive fish these sharks are not carnivores there vegetarians .

Save

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom