Will this heal on its own? (tailfin)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tahl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not sure what exactly caused the damage to his tailfin, but the gold gourami is probably the second or third dominant fish of the four in my tank (behind the African Leaf Fish and then the Red Tailed Shark). Mostly the African Leaf Fish chases the two gouramis, the shark chases the gouramis, and the gold gourami chases the blue and gold gourami.

Anyway, suggestions? Stress coat with aloe?

Attachments

• 2011-03-03_15-31-23_971.jpg
    2011-03-03_15-31-23_971.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 115
You could add stress coat, but just keeping the water really clean should help. It might not ever grow back either, since it looks like it's all the way down to his body. :(

+1

If you keep the water clean it should heal in no time ;)
Not sure about the stress coat, all it is to replace the natural slime coating fish need in times of stress and neutralize chlorine & heavy metals in tap water.

There is a stress zyme, I think that's the name, that has aloe and helps promote healing. I used it when I first got my bettas.

I had to move him to a smaller 29 gallon aquarium because he developed a second large rip below that one. He's now being housed with a much smaller female gourami that and a rubber-lip pleco that shouldn't cause him any problems.

Back
Top Bottom