wonky fighter fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frankiesfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I have a siamese fighter fish in ny tank with mollys and a couple of platys. The past couple of weeks the fighter keeps floating sideways at the top of the tank, if any fish or myself go near it it swims off rapidly, there doeant appear to be any visible injuries to it and its eating well. Any ideas?

Is it able to go to the bottom without a struggle and stay there? Does he look bloated? Is he pooping? how big is the tank, have you testes water parameters? Any other symptoms that you can describe? Maybe a picture of him doing it could help?

It could possibly be swim bladder if he struggles to move and stay towards the bottom, or it could just be him resting.
Some of my boys and girls look like they are half dead when they are sleepin in their hammocks or are resting on their plants so it coul just be that too.

Its a 60 litre tank, cant say whether he poops or not havent noticed, but he doesnt look bloated, all my levels are fine as get them tested once a week in an aquatic centre.

Back
Top Bottom