Worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just noticed a hair-like thin white worm in my fish tank. It was maybe an inch long swimming in my tank - very thin white body. One of my Danio Chapre ate it pretty quick. The worm was swimming S like in the tank. Can anyone help? Thanks!

This just happened to me too. I'm not sure what it is though but it looks like it could maybe be a parasite or something. Hopefully someone will answer!

Yes, I am really surprised that more people have not responded. From my research, worms are common in most tanks, but I'd like to get some feedback from members too! I guess it depends on what kind of worms you you have in your tank. I just did a substrate cleaning and 30% water change and didn't see any more worms yet.

The are ten's of thousands of nematodes and most are harmless, just cut back on feeding and more substrate cleaning.

Thank you Hukit, you know your stuff. I am glad to know most are harmless! Thank you. I cleaned my substrate, will feed less and do more water changes.

Sounds like it's nothing to get too excited about as long as we maintain our tanks.

Back
Top Bottom