worms on ryukins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes... what kind of med do i need? i only notice the worms today and they have y-shaped ends.... do u know what they are called? :D

well, it sounds like a parasite....CopperSafe by Mardel treats for this as well as an array of other medicines for parasites.

Sounds like anchorworms. Goldfish are one of the more susceptible fish. It is generally recommended to use salt to treat the fish, so I would put them in a Q-tank. Google anchorworms and you will get lots of info. The y-shaped end is a characteristic feature.

Good luck!

TankGirl said:
Sounds like anchorworms. Goldfish are one of the more susceptible fish. It is generally recommended to use salt to treat the fish, so I would put them in a Q-tank. Google anchorworms and you will get lots of info. The y-shaped end is a characteristic feature.

Good luck!

I concur...and be patient, anchorworms are tenacious, so it may take a while to wipe them out.

You also might try a PM to Lance M., he has a lot of experience with goldfish and may have run into this problem before.

Good luck!

i already removed most of the worms and my fishes looked better, i have live plants in my tank... is it possible that the worms might make it their habitat?

The eggs can be present all over the tank, so I would follow the advice on the link provided by jsoong. This means essentially "nuking" your tank to get rid of this problem. Good luck!

:D thanks so much for the advice, my mom has diabetes and has affected her eyes... she would be completely blind now if it was not for the laser operation..... we bought the tank for her now that she can see, even if not as clear as before and she love the ryukins....

Back
Top Bottom