Would low pH do this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonessurf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Or would a pH swing do it? pH reads less than 6 and tap is coming though at 7.6 when I do water changes.

Attachments

• image-4053220635.jpg
    image-4053220635.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 68
Wow. Poor baby! :-( it looks like a bacterial infection of his eyes. Usually "pop-eye" is caused by poor water quality. A very low pH like that.might mean very very bad water. When was the last time you changed your water, and what % did you change?

What is your
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate?

Ammonia reads around 1.0 but the problem is that it comes through the tap reading that. So if I use amquel, it still reads 1.0 but its locked up. Trites are at 0 and trates are around 5. The tap water is becoming a real issue though.

Wow your ammonia should always be zero. I would see about getting clean water from a friends house or lfs because he will surely die in water like that. Good luck

Your tap water is not that bad if those readings are correct...
Ammonia 1ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5ppm
???
Not bad at all so long as you use a water conditioner that temporarily detoxifies the ammonia, and I would use a little extra.
Your pH could be an issue as nitrification stops at a pH of 6. Have you tested the tap water pH after it has gassed out for 24 hours in a cup?

Yeah, I would see about getting water from a neighbor or friend. See about maybe getting a filter on your tap water too?

What type of conditioner are you using?

Back
Top Bottom