yellow lab in bad shape:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
i think he has malawi bloat:( he is having troubles swimming and lays on the sand on his belly but recently has been resting on rocks:( i have looked at him he looks a bit pale and has wierd breathing.he breathes pauses like hes swallowing then repeats that. his stomach which is a bit big.what can i do to help him?

alright ill try that..but he doesnt look to well he doesnt move much having hard time swimming and breathing and staying up he lies against a rock ill try feeding tho. ty for advice

What are your water parameters? How often do you do water changes and how much each time? What are you feeding them? This is very important for africans as foods such as bloodworms can cause bloat. Try feeding the peas as Rich has suggested. Also if you have a tank for QT put him in it with some epsom salts to help to ease the bloating.

thank you for your advice but he died this morning :cry: r.i.p. hopefully this will not happen with others .but to answer some of your questions i feed nfs. i do not feed bloodworms for thqt reason i occasionally feed lettace peas etc. water perims i dont kno right now as im at work but will tell you when at home. water changed i do about once a week and about 25%

Sorry about your loss. I too feed NLS. Do your yellows race to the surface to gulp the pellets? One thing I do to avoid them taking in extra air since they are such pigs, is put the pellets below the waterline before I release the pellets. They sink faster and the fish don't end up gulping at the surface. My africans are all pigs.

lol yep same with me they are pigs everytime i walk by the tank they want food lol but i make them wait till its feeding time . i think ill try to use the pellets underwater idea:) funny thing is the offspring of my dominate male(one that is dead) is trying to take over the tank now lol 3" lab trying to take over a tank with otthers up to 7" lmao

Back
Top Bottom