Yellow spots on Dalmation Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xstream

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am pretty observant and I have spent a lot of time looking at this tank... I noticed today that my Dalmatian Molly has golden/yellowish spots all over her scales. She doesn't seem to be acting any different. She is the bully of my 10 gallon tank, but other than that she just swims across the glass all day.

I have noticed her chasing my sunburst Mickey Mouse Platy... That was actually what caught my attention to the spots. If she would sit still I would try to get a picture, but I can never get a clear picture of her.

Any ideas? I looked online and read everything from; it is cross breeding, ich (sp?), or parasites. There is everything you can think of out there... What do you all think?

Proved myself wrong. If you zoom in you can see them.

image-701466939.jpg

My two Dalmatian Mollys have greenish yellow spots too! I don't know what it is though. Sorry. Wish I could help!

I have a opaline gourami with a green yellow spot. It appears unchanged after 2 weeks or so. I couldn't find any info.

My Dalmatian Molly used to always get those spots but I think they eventually turn black because now she's 98% black instead of lightly spotted like when I got her

Well, I do feel better that this may be normal. I hate to here the fish may darken. We picked her because of her lighter color.

Glad to hear she should be ok. We lost our snails this weekend and now I am a little nervous. I noticed my Platy gulping air last night as well... I freaked for a moment and watched him for a while. He never did it again.

Back
Top Bottom