Yo yo loaches dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water is "okay" is a very subjective term... What exactly are the params in your tank?

Dang, bad news. Was hoping there.

Has the tank being going long and loaches in for a while? Any changes to the tank?

Normally I'd say they are pretty tough and hold their own. Any marks or anything on them? Very quick I assume ?

Nothing springs to mind. So both loaches died, catfish fine and other fish fine? Did it happen after anything eg water change?

Changing the UV bulb wouldn't cause any problems. Honestly you should have any ammonia in an established tank unless it's coming from your tap water. Both loaches dying at the same time indicates a problem. Loaches are very prone to ick and often have it in the gills where you can even see it. Had you noticed them rubbing or flashing over the past few days/weeks? Did you see any bullying from another type of fish? What is your exact stock list?

Is that in the 600litre tank? Just double-checking but could another fish have died and they snacked on it?

I was also wondering if you use tap water for water changes? I'm always a little puzzled with 0 nitrate readings I confess so also just double-checking the tests are done as per instructions? Still stumped, I would have thought the corys and discus to be the more sensitive fish.

I'm out of ideas I'm afraid - there isn't anything I can think of or seeing in this to track down.

I think the first one died of old age, the second one thought it was a game and followed on.

Hopefully it was a one off. If anything comes to mind on cause would definitely be interested.

Back
Top Bottom