Zebra danio Stringy Poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I have a 10 gallon tank
1 betta
3 Zebra danio
4 neon tetra

One of the Zebra danios are fat,but they swim and eat like a pig I thought she was caring eggs,but she had very stringy poop and i'm looking at it right now it s a white pinkish color is this something I should be worried a bout

Also the Danios and neons eat tetramin!
The betta eats Bettmin,but sometimes the danios get he bettas food.

And the strings are small like 1/4 of an inch.

Ho wlong have you had her? When I first got mine, they had the same thing, but if you have had her for a while, I would check into internal parasites. The poo can also become like that if they are stressed. :(

Ho wlong have you had her? When I first got mine, they had the same thing, but if you have had her for a while, I would check into internal parasites. The poo can also become like that if they are stressed. :(
I had her for about 4 months. Is it safe to keep her in the same tank with the other fish,she seems to be swimming fine they chase each other and they swim like crazy,and eat perfectly fine.

I think she's fine, just keep an eye on her, and make sure she doesn't start doing anything else funny. If she does, qt her or start meds for her.

I think she's fine, just keep an eye on her, and make sure she doesn't start doing anything else funny. If she does, qt her or start meds for her.
ok thanks I put a cap of Melafix in the whole tank just as a precaution. It says it won't hurt the biological filter.

Oh btw he scales arnt sticking out,but are they suppose to be scallly on the top of there head? i noticed all my Danios have scales on the top of there head that kind of look like they stick out,but there small,but the other 2 aren't bloated.

Melafix will be fine, just make sure that you get it all out with carbon when you are done. :) And you are right, it won't kill your biological filter. ;)
I am not sure about the scales, as I have never had danio's, but I hope someone who has had some will see this.

Yep the zebra danio got smaller,but its still pooping small strings but they break up like fussy poop so it better now.

Back
Top Bottom