Zebra danio unable to swallow worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giacomo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, New member Giacomo here. Just started feeding my fish dried worms and one of the zebra danios tried to eat one that was too big. The worm is now half swallowed with about a quarter inch hanging out of his mouth. It has been that way for about 20 minutes now. Is there anything that I can/should do to help him? He seems to be in distress and I don't know if I can help.

Attachments

• DSCF8072.jpg
    DSCF8072.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 62
Hi, New member Giacomo here. Just started feeding my fish dried worms and one of the zebra danios tried to eat one that was too big. The worm is now half swallowed with about a quarter inch hanging out of his mouth. It has been that way for about 20 minutes now. Is there anything that I can/should do to help him? He seems to be in distress and I don't know if I can help.
I'd give him a little bit to try and work it out himself, maybe another fish will grab a bite, if it's not settled in an hour or gets bad than maybe intervene?

Never mind

Well, I just checked up on him and he seems to have finished the worm after all. Should I be breaking the worms up prior to putting them in the tank?

Well, I just checked up on him and he seems to have finished the worm after all. Should I be breaking the worms up prior to putting them in the tank?
I really wouldn't feed that large of a worm to that small of a fish, can you get smaller worms or maybe chop what you have up a bit to avoid any future complications? I feed my zebras small frozen blood worms with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom