Zebra pleco dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The camaro show

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys I came home today to find that my so called zebra pleco dead. He was fine last night he ate some alge wafer and a few blood worms and was being happy and in the morning he seemed fine hiding being a cave he's the only fish that died any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 141
That's a shame. My sympathies. Not only is losing a pet frustrating, but, as I recall, zebras a pricey.

Assuming your water parameters are fine, my guess is that he came home sick with something. I know someone who recently lost a whole tank of plecos overnight, and they seemed healthy the day before.

Years ago mine [same fish] did the same.
It is my understanding that is a wild pleco from the Orinco river area.
That led me to believe it had an internal infection not treated by the supplier or seller.
Besides your LFS lying to you they put your whole tank at risk by selling a 'possibly' wild caught fish that was NOT QTd...
Just my take from experience.

Despite our ongoing concerns elsewhere, I'm actually sorry to hear this.
It's always a shame to lose a fish.
That's the great thing about this forum, we all feel bad about his loss. We want everyone to have success, and we're all ready to help other members.

@whatsgoodm8
Sometimes threads get buried or it might take a while for someone to reply. Just be patient. I'll see if I can help with your questions, but that's another factor- some of us want to help but don't have enough experience in certain areas.

@whatsgoodm8
Sometimes threads get buried or it might take a while for someone to reply. Just be patient. I'll see if I can help with your questions, but that's another factor- some of us want to help but don't have enough experience in certain areas.
Need more people like you in this world

Back
Top Bottom