"Zit"?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubyfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my albino oscar for meybe half a year now. About a week ago i noticed that he had a zit thing on his left eye. A little latter the "zit" pussed itself out. It started to look better so i didnt realy think of it. But now where the "zit" was is a kind of hole i guess and it looks like the inside of the eye is bleeding. Does anyone know whats rong???? I dont know what to do.

Ok well then im stumped lol. If you fed it live fish then it could have been something like "hole in the head" but i dont know now, so hopefully any more experienced people could help you. Sorry :/

Some pics of the eye. You can kinda see the "hole"(wound lookin thing) on the top of his eye where the "zit" was in the first pic. The other pic is to show the "blood"(or whatever it is) in his eye.

Attachments

• bad eye 003.JPG
    bad eye 003.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 96
  • bad eye 004.JPG
    bad eye 004.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 100
it is probable hole in the head disease. my angel has it now.

You can try medicating it, but that is not the root im going as i dont want to treat the whole tank.

Try 30% water changes every 3 days to incease water quality and vary its food so it gets more nutrition. You can even try vitamin enriched food to help. If you cant find that, grind up a multi-vitamin, and dissolve it in hot water. Then put pellet food in the water to absorb the liquid, leave the food out to dry and now u have vitamin-enriched pellets.

Hole in the head disease is a very debated topic on what exactly causes it. The one thing people can agree on is that a fish in healthy water with a healthy diet is less likely to get this disease and is more likely to recover from it.

Back
Top Bottom