2 hitchhiker need ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No_Name

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this hair thin worm like grow out from my LR. There are 4 each about 1/2 inch in length with a black band over the tentacle every 1/8 inch apart. The tentacle is white- to semi-transparent. I also found this same worm under my star polyp the other day and the entire colony stopped opening.

One more ID as I was writing this posting we spotted another hitch ride. It a dark green looking snug about 3 inch long and 1/4 thick and have spike looking thing on the body. I try to it out with its tail was holding to the LR, and then it broke off.

It turn into a pool of black slime in a couple of second, can it be a eunicid worm? And what should i do with that piece of LR?

Im guessing mini brittle star legs for first hitch hiker. Second one defiantly isn't a euclid worm. Im guessing a type of sea slug.

I agree with the above statement. Not an Euclid worm. Did it feel like it had a shell in the mass of slime? I've seen stomatella snails that were very dark in color though they are typically a gray-green color.

It a mass of sticky slime. As for the mini brittle star is it a bad hitchhiker? Talking about that slug.. I lost a blue mushroom frag it was glued by a rock close to where i found this slug, you guys think he ate it.

Back
Top Bottom