2 more things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
Actually 3, my bad.

1st, a little bug like thing, almost looks like an ant and its really fast, its small with a 1/4 inch 1 segment body with little antennas.

2nd a lil starfish type thing i caught in a bristleworm trap pictures are VbelowV

3rd is a tube with 2 antenna looking things coming out pictures are VbelowV

the starfish had a few legs twice the size of the other

the tube thing is hard to see but ist directly in the middle of the frame

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 71
Stars can loose legs and grow back. That star looks like a small tiger stripe star. Reef safish. Whene there large they can go after stock if hungry enough.

The worm is a Spionid. The link i left has them listed under the worms tab.

and i think ive identifyed the bugs, ive seen 2 types; isopods and amphiopods. and supposedly isopods r bad. any1 kno how to kill em?

Isopods are more rare. They need fish to survive. If you did I.D. this Pod then you need to leave tank fish less for a few months a let them dieoff. THat link has pics of this pod also.

If you plan on a reef tank then i say to remove any iffy critter. Its all about the coral and water quality.

The things you've shown in the photos, including the brittle star, are perfectly fine. No worries. They're a good part of your cleaner crew. Not all isopods are bad. I had some in my tank and I just sucked the ones I could find out during water changes every week, slowly reducing the population. Eventually they disappeared.

thanks for all of the help!!!
also in the past few nites ive heard really faint clicks, Small mantis shrimp or pistol shrimp maybe? how can i remove them. and also, all of the isopods i have found have been dead on the bottom of the tank. also, i just found a ASTERINA star, opinions on good or bad/how to remove them?
But yea thanks again!!!

Are the clicks one at a time or a bunch at once?
Asternias are generally good to have, unless you have the somewhat rare ones that munch corals.

You can try baiting a glass or plastic cup leaned up against a rock. Then at least you can tell what you have. It might take a few nights to catch what you want.

ive been trying that glass thing and caught 2 starfish and a little bristle worm but now im out of town so i took it out but ill put it back in on monday

Back
Top Bottom