A killer creature!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddieJ123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I pretty sure this creature killed my slug but vanished now I got it killing my snail!! What is it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441438648.791867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How can I get rid of it? It's probably an inch in wide I don't know how long. I tried to pick him out with long tweasers but he had to good of a grip on the rock just got knew ringed cowrie snails and he just killed one.

can you get a clearer picture , I don't think its a flat worm , I'm leaning towards a squirt,
these come in different colors sizes and shapes ,
stock-photo-glowing-tunicates-ascidiacea-urochordata-130431125.jpg

stock-photo-sea-squirt-on-coral-reef-with-damel-fish-hiding-by-it-s-side-36638494.jpg

How can I get rid of it? It's probably an inch in wide I don't know how long. I tried to pick him out with long tweasers but he had to good of a grip on the rock just got knew ringed cowrie snails and he just killed one.

As it goes inside the shell remove the shell from the tank and toss it in the sump. It can't do any harm down there.

Just to be clear, is the "Killer thing" hunting down it's victims or are they going to the "killer" and being killed? Killer tunicates ( or sea squirts) are attached to the surface of a rock or substrate and don't actually hunt but consume the animals that come close to them. So if yours is moving around for it's victims, it could very well be a type of worm and removal would be best. If it's a sea squirt, rip the thing off the rock. Any damage to it should kill off whatever remains of it on the rock (assuming your intention is to remove it from the tank soas to not risk any more deaths from it).

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks for all the info. It just stays in the same spot so I will try to rip it off but just In case it is a flat worm I'm removing the rock and taking all the coral off of it for now.

We found the killer. Thanks for all your help it turn out we had to take out a rock and destroy it to get the big flat worm out. He is roughly 3 by 1.5 inches!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441514839.360793.jpg

Back
Top Bottom