A nest of bugs in my tank..what is this!!!!! help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heineken

Aquarium Advice Activist
I randomly looked at the back corner of my tank (cycling with LR and LS) and found a white patch of something that looked like a nest of some sort. It looked weird and gross. But I was even more freaked out when I looked even closer and noticed these tiny almost microscopic things crawling around. I think these are the same bug-looking things I saw on the seaweed I added to my sump.

NOw is this healthy/normal? I'm kinda freaked out and I want to get it out of my tank a.s.a.p. if it will harm the chemistry/biology of my tank.

Anyway, I guess I'll wait until I get some responses to do anything. If you know anything about this, please reply asap. I'll be checking back often thanks.

i'll try, my digital camera doesn't take good close up pics. I don't really know how to change the settings either.

A guy came into my LFS while I was in there a few weeks back with a cup FULL of little baby bristle worms......

OK, long story short he had a "web like" substance all over the bottom of his rocks that they were comming out of. that may be what it is.

I would leave it, there are types of worms that make webs. can't recall the name right now??? i'll look on the net.

I don't have anything in my tank at the moment, other than sand ( some of it LS) and and live rock. I decided to just let it be. Do you know if pods make these kind of nests in areas of low circulation? I noticed that the nest/web-like looking structure is in a back corner where it gets little light and circulation.

Back
Top Bottom