Acclimating right now...should I leave this alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm acclimating a coral order as I type this and noticed this "thingy" on one of the corals. I've checked the hitchhiker faq and can't find anything that even looks close to it.

My question? Should I keep it or peel it off the coral? It's right above my thumb nail....

img_1032062_0_ee7577c584aa2d2aa72d5f12f6094343.jpg

img_1032062_1_e8242daab146d9ed29a197e69bdfc510.jpg

I'd yard it off if I was you. You should be able to get a fingernail under it and pop it off... by the looks of that thumbnail!

I've had some things like that (but not that big) show up on corals before and I always clean them off and acclimate them to my garden.

You log? My cousin and a good friend both log and they both use "yard".

:lol:

Not a logger, but I am from Washington state and we *used* to have a lot of logging around here. Think it must be one of those local terms! (Then again if MsBeanCtr didn't get the lingo, I suppose THAT theory goes out the window!)

Looks like a "cats eye" snail of a sort. My Dad brought some home with him from where he was during one of the battle of the Pacific in WWII. They make jewelry out of them.

And here is further evidence that species with opposing thumbs dominate.

Back
Top Bottom