Acro and crab id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like an emerald crab, but it is kind of hard to tell.

I'm doing this one by memory, so it might be wrong... but acros have a crab that can live in them and has a symbiotic relationship with them...kinda like a goby and pistol shrimp, but cooler.

If it helps it's a pale brownish tan color with black circle spots on the legs

+1^ I just ended a crab id thread that ended up being that little guy :) I forget the scientific name but I'm pretty sure you have an acropora crab..could you give a little description of him since he's so camera shy (thats how mine is too..only reaches out of a hole for food and that's it haha

Reefnoob84 said:
If it helps it's a pale brownish tan color with black circle spots on the legs

Ya I think that's it...one claw majorly larger then the other

Mrc8858 said:
Ya I think that's it...one claw majorly larger then the other

Not that I can tell he's tiny maybe 1/2 inch.
Is it bad or good?

Ya mines body is about a 1/4 inch (w/out legs) but they will protect and clean your acro that it hosts..like stated its another symbiotic relationship much like goby/shrimp...Google it lol :)

I googled the crab that's awesome! I never knew that it existed with this type of stuff.

I still wanna know what kind of acro this is. It was more purple under his 20ks. I just ordered some 12k reeflux :)

I have both of these acros but unfortunately can't tell you what the reddish brown one is..just couldn't pass them up for $5 : ( lol

Edit* oops thought this was the other acro thread lmao

So I think it a type of blue acro. Just wish I knew where I could place it in the tank.

Definitely an acro crab and good for the coral. Inspect it for more however. In some cases, both acro crabs and predatory crabs have been found on the same coral.

Back
Top Bottom