Aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leighton79

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys just wondered if its possible for aiptasia to just grow on glass?

If you look above the snail in the attached pic you can see what appears to me to be just that.

Only ever seen them on live rock before?

img_1426771_0_9e768cc4b422f91bf8924319851d8d41.jpg

I've seen them on glass before peppermint shrimp will eat it

Yeah, ive got a pair of peppermints in there, they removed two very large aiptasia from a piece of my rock, however this tiny potential example is right at the top 10% of my tank, i doubt the shimp will propel themselves up that far to chow down on it.

I'll pick up a turkey baster when i do the grocery shop tomorrow and see if i can suck it up, i think it may be possible as it cant retract into glass like they do into rock.

I've heard people useing lemon juice threw an eye droper I've never tried the method squeeze a little n there mouth and they will die I'd be careful trying to suck it out if u break it will speed really quickly

it can grow on glass,my closest LFS has a couple SW taanks full of aptaisa,lots of it is on the glass.

Get a needle and inject the sucker with lemon juice!

Worked a treat for me, two tries over two days and its long gone!

The trouble with that plan is that its miniscule at the moment, a couple of mm at the most, to give you an idea, that snail is smaller than a garden pea.

Why cant desirable things grow so freely in our tanks?!

Back
Top Bottom