aiptasia and ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I have a pic here of something that looks like aiptasia anemone, but has white rings on tentacles and looks really cool. It's body is about a nickel in size. Hate to get rid of it. In the upper left corner, you can kind-of see what I think is really aiptasia. There's a second pic with better detail. I have 4 aips growing now and plan on getting peppermint shrimp before I try anything else. I'm really sending for the ID on that cool-looking thing. Do aips attack turbo snail? I'm losing all my turbos, and water quality OK.

Aips won't bother your snails AFAIK. What you have there is, IMO, an aiptasia. I'm not sure if peppermints are going to eat aips the size of these. I would recommend getting some Joes Juice and killing the larger one. There is a good chance the peppermints will control the tiny ones though.

Second pic looks like a Majano. Joe's Juice will take care of them both. I don't know if the peps will take out the Majano. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom