Aiptasia? Please help ID!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently cycling my nano tank and I saw these! :O. I really hope they're not, but I'm starting to wonder if they're Aiptasia (sp?). ID's would be oh so appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• image-735594903.jpg
    image-735594903.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 101
  • image-873613956.jpg
    image-873613956.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 108
Darn. I was hoping I would be wrong. Best way to remove them would be Aiptasia eating shrimp? Any other suggestions? I don't want something that might be too hard to remove from the tank once they eat it, lol.

Best method I've used is to burn them with a lighter or propane torch. Don't forget to rinse the gunk before adding it back to your tank.

There are other commercial products available if you'd like to go that route as well. Joes juice, aiptasia x etc.

AquaRick- that sounds crazy, lol. And regular like BBQ lighters work? And then just rinse with tank water in a separate container?

Duromega- thanks! I think I'll look into the nudibranch! I love those little guys!

I have a bristletail filefish in my tank any aiptasia I spot has gone within a few days, not the prettiest fish but certainly interesting and does the job.

Back
Top Bottom