Aiptasia-X help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikestanked

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 2" around aiptasia, and at least 2 more smaller, less than 1/2 inch around, very small aiptasia in 29 gallon long marine aquarium. Today I bought aiptasia-x. My first question is what is the best way to use aiptasia-x? I know I could just read the instructions, but I would like a second( and a third, and possibly a forth) opinion on this subject matter. Thanks

Nice!! Due to their size, keep an eye on them and if you see them start to regain their shape, hit 'em again. (y)

Thanks, I will. Unfortunately when I was done rearranging my rocks into a different arrangement I found a couple more small ones took out some small rocks with the small Aiptasia attached leaving them outside until tomorrow and then I found another one under a rock! I feel like I'm not making any headway, but I will persevere, I will destroy they little buggers!

Good job. Just keep an eye on it. It may come back and need a second treatment. A few of mine did, but the monster one I did last week was all gone in 1 shot. Will not harm your fish or inverts.

Good luck!

You could also go the peppermint shrimp route too. They will eat small to medium sized ones. They are hit or miss, but when I did it, they were gone in 2 days!! I only had a few, in a 135g, and the shrimp found them quickly. I only added 2 shrimp too. The great thing about the shrimp, is that they are always there, searching out any new ones that might spring up.

Cool I forgot about that. I once had a peppermint shrimp. I also have a cleaner shrimp at the moment, do u foresee a problem between the two shrimp? Also I only have a 30g

No, those two shrimp will be fine together. It's the Coral banded's and the Fire shrimp, you've got to be careful with mixing, more than others.
It's now years later, in a 180, and I've still got the peppermints!

Awesome, I'm not sure what happened to my peppermint shrimp, it was fairly recent, and it only lasted less than two weeks but always acted strange. I will be picking up another peppermint shrimp on Thursday. In until then, thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom