Aispastia? or Anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407108812.453026.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407108843.987258.jpg

I saw this while I was fishing so I put it in the bucket just in case it was valuable. haha:)
Now im worried it could be a pest:/
Can someone tell my exactly what it is and if I should keep it?

It is an anemone...of what kind who knows. You shouldn't be scooping up random creatures and throwing them in your tank. Florida has laws around that. And this isn't even putting into effect you don't know what it takes to keep your mystery anemone alive...

It is an anemone...of what kind who knows. You shouldn't be scooping up random creatures and throwing them in your tank. Florida has laws around that. And this isn't even putting into effect you don't know what it takes to keep your mystery anemone alive...

I thought it was a mushroom coral wrapped up since it was in the surf and storms have been stirring the waters lately... it was on a piece of driftwood with barnacles tossing in the waves.
And if it is an Anemone as u say do I need to relocate it?

Because you don't know what it is, you don't know what it eats, you don't know how to take care of it...oh, and it is illegal to take creatures like that out of the ocean in Florida.

Because you don't know what it is, you don't know what it eats, you don't know how to take care of it...oh, and it is illegal to take creatures like that out of the ocean in Florida.

well I have another long carride tommorow :(
Thanks Hank (ur a little rough though? ;) )

Back
Top Bottom