Algae and crab ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Photoevangelist

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-1697121194.jpg

First picture is a crab. He hangs out under a frag of some yellow polyps and another frag of mushrooms during the day. Is he going to cause problems?

Second picture has two types of algae growth. I believe both are desirable but looks like its going to strangle my corals (or already is!). How should I go about removing these. I think I read these yellow polyps can bother the aquarist's skin.

Third is some red slime growing on my blueberry sea fan. Is this the dreaded Cyanobacteria?? What's the best way to remove this from this coral without damaging it? I've read no light for a few days. How about putting the coral in my unlit sump for a few days? I've read blueberry sea fans aren't photosynthetic.

Lastly is some red orange algae. Looks like it could be a form of plate coraline algae. It's not as pretty as the pink, purple, and maroon colors. How could I safely remove this from my leather frag?

Attachments

• image-379528648.jpg
    image-379528648.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 139
  • image-2094261951.jpg
    image-2094261951.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image-603077493.jpg
    image-603077493.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 155
Well I read I could put a power head directly to the coral to blow off the slime. So I put the coral in some RO water (unsalted) and put the power head to it. Most of it came off and will try it in my dark sump for a days.

The crab looks like a pebble crab. Sometimes harmless, but watch him close.

Resurrecting an old thread... What exactly is that red growth in the second picture? I've got that growing on a rock and am wondering if I should get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom