Algea eating fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright. So I went to the fish store and told him about some algea. I have some snails, but was looking for something a little different. He mentioned a fish that eats algea off of the rocks. I got it as it was pretty cheap... However, it seems petrified in my tank. I have an eel, grouper, lionfish, and puffer fish. After one day, he just seems to be breathing rather deeply. Is he really a change to survive in the tank?

BTW - sorry that the images are rotated...
IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

That's a lawnmower blenny. They do eat the green film algae from the rocks and glass. Mine doesn't show himself except at feeding time and will run into the rocks if I get near the tank. I suppliment my blenny with algae sheets clipped to the glass. They seem to be pretty shy. What size tank do you have? How did you acclimate him? You have alot of large preditory fish in the tank. He may be a bit intimidated by that if he's small and could be considered food. :?

Algae sheets huh? I'll have to ask my LFS about those. I acclimated like the other fish... just about 20 minutes in the bag, etc, etc.

While in the bag though... the eel "bit" the bag. They don't harm him now... he justs sits in the corner though and moves.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom