Alien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riptide

Aquarium Advice Regular
Guys,

I found something in my tank today that I havent seen posted here on the site, which is odd in itself... At first I thought it was just another knob on my LR, but then two antenni came up from its front end... It was too small for me to get a picture of in focus so here is my best attempt at a description... Its entire body was soft and undulating but it mimiced the color of one of the more prevalent coraline's in my tank, a deep purple blob on its back... It had a short trunk similar to an elephant... It kinda looked like a small snail without a shell? Any ideas?

nudibranch? i know that there are these snail/slug things that have sort of half a shell, im sure some one will know the name of them.

I chased it around a little with the end of my glass scraper and it could really move for a "snail-type" foot... But it had no hard shell... just a red hump where one might have been...

Possum you pegged it..... Stomatella Varia... and tons of them... After I knew what to look for I was able to spot upwards of 50 of these things working on the algae like mad.... Thanks for the help...

wow 50 of them 8O i only have one LOL wish i had some more they definately are good algae eaters

Back
Top Bottom