Amiphod?copeod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have amiohods and copeods and recently on a frag iv been seeing these guys this is the only pic iv been able to get, it has long antennas and i believe claws, it has a black stripe with two white spots one near the head one near the rearImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426559487.347077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cant see it... can you get a beter picture?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cant find anything simmilar i guess i just have to wait till they get a bit bigger so i can snap a pic

I got pics! Took a bit of sitting but maybe you guys can help nowImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427239552.188332.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427239579.321039.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427239606.753860.jpg this is the biggest one if seen so far and its just staying out i think i disturbed its home while moving stuff

It it this? ( amphipod )

Attachments

• 1427240621075.jpg
    1427240621075.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 112
S007 no its not that and sniper im at a loss none of them are bigger than any of my pods

It looks like an amphipod to me.
crangony.jpg

It has claws though and huge antennas you can kinda see the blue lighting in the claws in this picImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427242006.475863.jpg

I turned off the flow to try to get them to come out and my filter pump died.... That was fun luckily the fish stores close

Exact same thing I had if you look at the link I posted above.

^ its not that, i have a booming population of pods the only reason the title is amiphod,copeod? Is because these critters are about the same size, HOWEVER these guys have large claws ,large antennas and a black stripe down its back with a white dot just below its head and one right above its arse lol

They also burrow in the sand and somehow are cemtenting sand together to make a home

Interesting. I need better pics. The pod I posted does make a cocoon of sorts, though I haven't seen them use sand. Plus, they do come in different shades and some have stripes.

Last edited:
Is there any with stripes and spots? And I will try, i just have to wait forever its like they see me come in the room and start hiding by the time im at the tank they are just blurs going into caves and sand burrows

That sounds to me like the behavior of mantis shrimp.... not impossible but its to soon to tell

Just to add on the mantis shrimp idea here is a picture of a verry young one and what that looke like as thay get a bit older

Attachments

• 1427354593658.jpg
    1427354593658.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 1427354607605.jpg
    1427354607605.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom