Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ga1981

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I don't know too much about anemone but when I purchase this one was completely white with pink tip,and some lime green highlight

Now the white appear to get a brownish color keeping the green and pink tip....
Is a good or a bad thing?
Thank you
Sorry about the pic quality

image-306931885.jpg

4 t5 hi output

2x10,000
2x actinic
Use to be really white at the time of purchase, now is going brownish

Do u know the kind of anemone?

Also do u know anything about acropora care?
Thanks for the help

Cool,

Thanks again for the info hopefully the bubble tip get the original color back

Do anemone tips get smaller?
Because mine looks almost flat, is this normal?
image-3119229035.jpg

Do anemone tips get smaller?
Because mine looks almost flat, is this normal?

No, Not really normal. I've read that they can do that when they're not getting enough food and not doing well, but I've not seen it before.

I'm going to try to feed the anemone with squid...

Does not look sick or anything, actually look like is getting the brown color back,just look to me the tips are smaller for the last couple of weeks,

Is my anemone dying?

The mouth is open, and the tentacle are really small....
The clown and watchman goby are picking inside the mouth

image-3219235821.jpg

Solutions?

And also withe stuff is coming out the mouth

Ph8.2

Amm-nitrite-nitrate-phosphate 0
Calcium420
Alk 9-10

And if parameters ok, then what else could be causing such extensive bleaching? I'd never try to keep an anemone under less than 6 bulb.

Dunno! To the OP... What is the brand of your light, how long is it, how old are the bulbs?

When I got the nem was already bleached,lately I could see some brown around the tentacles so I told was recovering. But slowly the tentacles was getting small and was not taking food....

Feeding an already stressed anemone can be counterproductive. Light is generally their primary food source. They take in solid food as a supplement. If they are bleached and stressed the energy required to digest solid food often exceeds what they extract from said food. This can hasten their decline. The gaping mouth is the nem's way of trying to get rid of waste. The fish find that waste appealing, and will try to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom