Anemone close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can be brought back, though. Here's some before and after pictures of a bubble tip anemone I had once.

img_2108696_0_d5dff52f14ba5bdd62f97a0190de0c00.jpg

img_2108696_1_a18a736e691a9569fa5ef5da5058cf62.jpg

scottayy said:
It can be brought back, though. Here's some before and after pictures of a bubble tip anemone I had once.

Wow!! I've never seem a nem that color in the stores! So then they're pretty much all bleached in the stores, then huh? Can't even believe that's the same nem!! How much time is between those pictures?

Yeah, a lot of them are bleached in the stores due to shipping and probably old insufficient bulbs on their tanks.

Probably 3 months in between pictures there though I can't be sure. Just guessing.

Like Scottayy, I purchased a bleached bubble tip anemone. For months, I couldn't figure out why it looked like it was shrinking.
There are degrees of bleaching. The most severe is total bleaching, in which the anemone has lost ALL of it's zooanthellae. In that case, it needs a new source, which will typically need to come from a member of it's own species.
So, I purchased a second BTA, and within weeks, the original began to darken up. It is now a nice greenish brown color, as it should be. Sadly, the second one I bought had an injury to it's foot that I didn;t notice right away, and it died.
Saving a bleached anemone is slow, difficult, and will not always work. Good lighting, target feeding, and proper water quality are the biggest concerns. If it is totally bleached, as yours appears to be, it might need a new source of zooanthellae. If lighting and feeding do not bring about an improvement, consider placing it with another one for a couple of weeks.

Ok tomorrow I'm going to purchase a second light unit,
As I understand my anemone should be a green-brown color.
Got to my eyes because the day I purchase a clown was hosting it and I told to myself was a really nice thing to watch...
Any suggestion about which kind of lighting? As I said already got 2 t5 31w each, 10,000 and actinic ,
Thank you for your help everyone

Ok I got more light now,everything is looking great so thank you Scott,also my coral are looking better....so now the question is how long before the anemone is going to get the natural color?

It will take some time but he's definitely a happier creature! U may also try direct feeding maybe once a week but nothing bigger than like a quarter inch to avoid stressing him out.

Mystics shrimps sounds good? Or you suggest something else?

For food, I tend to spoil my fish and inverts. I made my own food much like Mr_X does. I got about a pound each of halibut, shrimp, clams, oysters, plus a packet of mysid shrimp, and some selcon (fishy vitamins) and blended in a food processor. Have probably a year's worth of food, and everything in my tank goes NUTS for it. The anemone eats it faster than anything else I have tried. Plus, small pieces are easy for it to digest.

That 's a good idea, I'm going to try that soon....

Back
Top Bottom