Anemone ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS said it was a young green bubbletip, It has a pure white foot and the top is a beige color with glowing tips.

Would need a better photo really. A close-up but by your discription, it could be a bubbletip.

It almost looks like a ricordea mushroom. :? Or it could just be really stressed and need some time to expand.

Fluff said:
It almost looks like a ricordea mushroom. :? Or it could just be really stressed and need some time to expand.

its been in the tank for 2 months and I believe its fully expanded. It did just taken in a piece of fish to eat. And it recently relocated from the other side of the tank.its about 3 inches across and about 2 1/2 inches tall and its foot is about 1 radius and its tentacles are only 1/2 inch at most...

If that's what it looks like when it's completely expanded, could it be a carpet anemone? Certainly doesn't look like most BTA's that I've seen.

You've sufficiently stumped me. If it is in that photo, fully expanded, I'm gonna agree I don't think it's a bta. It could be a sebae species. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Fluff said:
You've sufficiently stumped me. If it is in that photo, fully expanded, I'm gonna agree I don't think it's a bta. It could be a sebae species. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Try one more look... Here are two more pics.

Those pics are better and I'm thinking tripper may be right in his suggestion of a carpet anemone. I can't be positive though.

Florida8 said:
Ricordea or Hairy Mushroom? I have had them that big before... Just a guess? :)

I thought that too originally but the mouth doesn't look right for a mushroom/ricordia to me.

The pattern of bubbles look too irregular to be a carpet, but the mouth doesnt look like ricordia at all. I would guess some type of carpet however.

DragonForce said:
The pattern of bubbles look too irregular to be a carpet, but the mouth doesnt look like ricordia at all. I would guess some type of carpet however.

Everyone, Thanks for looking and trying, Im going to post one last pic of this while eating a silverside. You can see the rest of it a little better.

Back
Top Bottom