Anemone identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even at around 18", those led's don't penetrate too far. They're more a tank light if anything than a reef light.

Yeah, that's amazing cuz I have the marineland LEDs on my FOWLR, and I can't imagine them ever keeping a nem alive!! The Kessil in my 55g easily can, but its much brighter than the marineland ones.

AquaRick said:
Even at around 18", those led's don't penetrate too far. They're more a tank light if anything than a reef light.

It depends on the one u get I have 27 LEDs on mine it really illuminates the entire tank even the blue light penetrates the bottom.

Beengirl said:
Yeah, that's amazing cuz I have the marineland LEDs on my FOWLR, and I can't imagine them ever keeping a nem alive!! The Kessil in my 55g easily can, but its much brighter than the marineland ones.

How many lights do u have on urs?

I always say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so if the carpet is actively feeding and growing, I'd say it's fine. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to increase lighting.

MacDracor said:
I always say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so if the carpet is actively feeding and growing, I'd say it's fine. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to increase lighting.

I'll probably continue to look into lighting. But I'm glad it's happy, seems like it is anyway

Ok so I fed my nem today some krill, prolly the size of my thumb nail and a good portion of it started turning green. I'd say at least a quarter... Does anyone know if that's supposed to happen? It's not very bright, kind of a pale green almost blending with the tan

Back
Top Bottom