Anemone identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard to tell but kind of looks like a ritteri to me but it’s been a while.

It was labeled super green flower but I don’t think it is...

Definitely not an rfa, I’m sticking with ritteri or a bta. Either way care is pretty similar. Strong lighting and a mature system.

Definitely not an rfa, I’m sticking with ritteri or a bta. Either way care is pretty similar. Strong lighting and a mature system.

Yea that’s what the guy said at the store. This is my first anemone so I’ve been meowing a close eye on it, also because I have a bunch of coral in the tank as well. It seems to be doing fine but it likes to stay under my rocks, not sure why. I keep trying to have it stay in the front of the tank but every day I wake up with it in the same spot under the rocks lol. I guess I’ll just leave it there since it always seems to walk back there. IMG_0001.jpg

What kind of anemone is this? View attachment 313322
I have to say, it looks very similar to a green variety of Caribbean anemone ( Condylactus gigantea ). This anemone comes from many parts of the Caribbean but is commonly called a Haitian Pink Tip anemone. Don't let the name fool you tho, it comes in a variety of colors besides white with pink tips ( like the Florida anemone Condylactus passiflora). The foot can be any color from no color at all to light red, dark red or an orange(ish) color. While the HPT is not usually a good anemone for clownfish hosting, I've seen many wild clowns that usually use a bubble or ritteri anemone use these as well.

Back
Top Bottom