Anemone Identification (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ella_e

Aquarium Advice Regular
Seeing that I have no more fish to take care of in my main tank, I will now spend more time with my corals and anemones. I still have not been able to identify one of my anemones. I started a thread on 10/29/2012 and the general consensus was that it looks like a Ritteri(magnificent) Anemone.
I have my doubts due to the fact that the anemone completely changed shape. Also from what I know, the Ritteri is supposed to like a lot of light, and this guy decided to move from the top to the bottom on the first day.

It went from the first pic (10/29/2012-11/3/2012

image-2663101714.jpg
(And it hosted a clown) (second pic)

And now it looks like the third and fourth picture.
The clown that originally hosted the anemone still continued to hang out with the anemone even after it changed shape.

The foot is white, and the tentacles are purple. It is fed 1-2 times a week with a piece of krill or a piece of clam meat. It is responsive to touch, as well as other tank mates brushing against it. I don't see its mouth ever open.
I have the DeepBlue SolarXtreme T5HO with (2) 10k day bulbs, (2) 460 nm Actinic bulbs, as well as 8 moonlight LED. (Lights are on 3-10pm Actinic lights are on from 3-10, Day is on 4-9)

Has anyone had an anemone that changed its "shape"?
And does anyone have a good guess as to what type of anemone this is.
Many thanks!

Attachments

• image-2326958839.jpg
    image-2326958839.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image-4134526012.jpg
    image-4134526012.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3431001292.jpg
    image-3431001292.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 105
note: the picture does no justice to the anemones color. it is more dark purple than the picture shows.
Also the anemone usually assumes the more perfectly round shape (with no ruffles) as seen in picture 3. The anemones "ruffles" only when it was just bothered somehow.
If that helps in any way.

It's still a ritteri, but it's not happy. It could be lack of lighting (2 10K bulbs is not alot of PAR and you get virtually no PAR from the 2 actinics), could be you are overfeeding it or it could be your water parameters. Whatever it is, it doesn't like something about your system.

It hated the lights from the beggining and spent a long time hiding in the rocks, so I personally do not think its the lighting. My water is 0 nitrates,nitrites, ammonia, phosphates. 8.2 ph and 1.025-26 SG. I use Nutri-water every other water change.
I will feed it less and see what happens. The clown used to bring it food, too bad he is not around anymore.

Back
Top Bottom