Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipper0512

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for thoughts. Picked up this pink tipped conde today is that what it is? Added some cuc and wife couldnt pass on it. 20 dollars a fair price? Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a condy. To me, 20 is too much as I'm not personally a fan of them.
My only concern is that if you don't have intense lighting it will starve to death, and I'm not getting that sense of being the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I have HO T5. You think that will be enough? I couldnt find anything that really stated a specific requiment some places say its required some say lighting is not so important. Lfs said it should be fine for the 90 gallon tank.

IMO most nems are light demanding(photo synthetic) then true feeding(food stuff?).
What fixture T5 HO are you using?
90 is pretty deep?

It a dual bulb colarlife. 100 watt i belive. Wont he move to a higher spot if need be ?

It will not be able to move high enough to matter. You don't have enough light. The people that say light is not important for anemones were incorrect.

Is there a certain watt per gallon i should go for?

Not really, it depends on depth of the tank, the light's efficiency, and the creatures you intend to keep. If you are using T5HO, I'd want at least a 6 lamp fixture over a 90, but ideally 8. I'd also have high end lamps in the fixture (ATI or Giesemann).

Can you point me to a fixture to use led? And would prefer a single fixture. ? Im not looking to really get in to corals but anenimes yes.

No, that won't do much of anything...though I'm not sure why that guy has MH bulbs on a tank light that. The other ones are simply VHO and won't help your issue out either.

20, it better be a huge huge one. My locate Petco sells it for 7.99 to 9.99 each.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Being in CT everything is expensive. It is a decent size from what I have seen in stores. RTBA in the area go for 50-8o depending on size/color.

Back to lighting. Would I be able to add a set of the Chinese LED boxes? One box for half the tank now, and still continue to run the t5. Then down the road a bit get another led and remove the t5? When running LED do you have to remove the glass, or can you still have the glass tops to help with evaporation? If going with the LED would 2 165 watt be enough?

Thanks again guys.

I am in CT too, and that is Conde and not a rose bubble tip anemone. You can shop Petco in north haven for 9.99.

I added the price of the rtba as a comparison. What other shops in the area are worth travelling too. I'm in the Danbury/Waterbury area.

For 90g u may need at least 3 boxes of those led lights. It all depends on what u like in the tank.

I added the price of the rtba as a comparison. What other shops in the area are worth travelling too. I'm in the Danbury/Waterbury area.

There is a section on this board for people in CT. I know couple of places in Waterbury, forgot the names. In Meriden, u can visit dens aquarium. There coral frags are 9.99

That is where I picked this up - Blake's aqua den. We frequent Waterbury aquarium as well. I don't plan on getting big into corals, but as I have learned this SW aquarium keeping is a very progressive disease. I might order one now an see where that gets us. Peice meal them in as I can. Hang them, or can I set them on the glass?

Dens place anemone are expensive comparing them to Petco.

Don't buy everything from one store. I only buy frags from den, when he has It on 30%off, which he runs about once per month.

Back
Top Bottom