another aiptasia anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewFishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Having problems I think again... I used Aiptasia-X to kill off the big one I had.. now in the same spot I have found another one .. will this hurt my fish??? Would it be a good idea to buy a peppermint shrimp? I've been told they eat them. Will the peppermint shrimp be okay with my cleaner shrimp I've already have??

ForumRunner_20120215_070241.jpg

ForumRunner_20120215_070259.jpg

ForumRunner_20120215_070316.jpg

Peppermint and cleaner are fine together. No promises it will eat the glass nem's. Mine don't.

I have a dozen peppermint shrimp in my tank and an aptasia eating filefish, and I still have aptasia popping up here and there. It's an ongoing battle and as long as you kill them when you see them, you'll be fine.
No, they won't hurt your fish.

I bought a dozen peppermints to eat my aipastia but they are all still there. Even the little ones. I;ve had no luck with my peppermints in any tank.

I've been told the peppermints from the carribean are the ones to get. I have no proof but that what a guy from a store told me.

Kio707 said:
Lol... Yeah, they always seem to pop up...

But I haute how its got to be in a hard spot. That's behind a rock and my rank is on my daughters dresser so big had to really look a off way just to find that one. So fustrated

Crazy because I had a big problem with aptasia . I bought 10 peppermint shrimp and it was almost an overnight cure. I would have gone with the file fish and copper banded butterfly but I didn't want to risk my coral . Sounds like the shrimp are hit or miss though?

I've been told the peppermints from the carribean are the ones to get. I have no proof but that what a guy from a store told me.
They have no idea where their peppermint shrimp are coming from. When they look on a stock list it just says "peppermint shrimp", and no other information. Ask him to show you the stock list as proof that he knows they are coming from a certain location. He won't be able to.

The specific fs said they get shipments from 2 private divers one in the Bahamas other in figi. Everything else they get is by catalog. But that's what I was told theyll never show their stock list it has pricing!

A friend of mine from high schools brother has a saltwater shop and I went to him and got a peppermint shrimp. He assured me there the right thing. They came from the carribean..idk lol but he is going to help me get a big tank set up do my poor tang will be happier

I have a hard time believing that a local store orders their shrimp from a private diver. It's just not cost effective for the diver to catch shrimp and ship them.
Private divers are for cherry picking corals, not ordering clean up crews.

mr_X said:
I have a hard time believing that a local store orders their shrimp from a private diver. It's just not cost effective for the diver to catch shrimp and ship them.
Private divers are for cherry picking corals, not ordering clean up crews.

Agreed. It cost me 117 dollars to ship ONE box of fish I caught in Hawaii. And they only went to Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom