Another SPS ID....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think it's a stylophora, but it was sold to me as a Pocillipora damicornis. I have a P. damicornis of a different color and the skeletal structure isn't quite right, but ya never know...

pocillipora4.jpg

pocillipora5.jpg

I posted at the RAG but thought I would here as well. I have a frag of that and it was givin to me as Pocillipora damicornis also.

Thanks Alf, in your experience what conditions does your P. damicornis like? I have mine about mid way in the tank, slightly off the center of the bulb (20L, 1 X 175W 6500K MH and 2 X 28W PC actinic), it gets moderate flow. It took it about 4 days to begin to polyp out on the bigger frag, the smaller one was putting out polyps from day one. I began feeding mush on Wed of last week (got the frag on Mon) and it began to extend it's polyps about Sat. It seems happy now, but it had me worried for a couple of days.

Mine is setting dirctly under my 400mh at the top of the rock structure. It's about 13" from the light source. I have very heavy current thoughout my SPS tank and so I would say pretty turbulent waters, just not direct current. Mine also took about 5 days to extend her polyps. I have had it about 3 months now maybe 4. It has started to encrust the rock very well at the contact point on the rock it is mounted to. I have been amazed at the growth rate. It was about a 3/4" frag and it is now about a 2" frag. HTH

Back
Top Bottom