any help identifying this big snail plz!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenlo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi folks. Im new into saltwater and i have this guy that came with as a hitchicker and i have no clue what it is even though it looks coll and goes all around the glass, powerhead..u call it!! I have some soft corals and thats my concern!!!.
Can you plz tell me what it is and the specific name if you know to do some research on this guy??
thanks a lot

Attachments

• nudi 1.jpg
    nudi 1.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 89
  • nudibranch.jpg
    nudibranch.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 88
I have no idea but it looks pretty cool in my opinion. Hope he is a "Good" addition LOL. Good luck finding an ID. Where is Mr._X when you need him? :)

Only thing I can say is if it looks really cool then you need to be careful

I went to my lfs with it and they had no clue about neither.

i looked at the pages and on the sea slug i found some similar species but not like the one i have. i cant believe there more than 3000 species out there

sponges, soft corals, tunicates, sessile inverts, and once in a while, you'll find one that eats algae.
that is one awesome looking creature though. i'm wondering if there is no food for it in your tank and that's why it's out in the open like that.

Last edited:
That was my major worry. I have some soft corals and mushrooms. Hopefully once I get back home I still have them

I'm sorry I'm kinda new into saltwater. I know this is a dumb question but when you say sponge, what do u refer to? Soft corals or another type of sponge?

Back
Top Bottom