Any idea as to what these are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean112280

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure what these are, kinda curious though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 91
They are next to my Nem which covers them sometimes, and also my clown likes to stir the sand up right around there. Do you suggest I move them away from there and closer to the lights?

Here is a pic of where they are located. I pointed to them with some crude green arrows ( I used paint...sorry)

Attachments

• arrows.jpg
    arrows.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 69
Haha, looks like the anemonae is stinging the life out of them! They look sad and depressed. Move them away from the trouble makers and into the light. My clowns spit sand at the corals near their "area". It really make them mad! (the corals).

If they were stung, it may be too late. I had a polyp fall onto my hammer coral and ZAP! That was the end of that polyp. (Was just floating about the water column without a care in the world).
Matt

Im not sure if the nem stung them or not, but i will move them away from it and into the light tonight and see what happens. I hope they will be ok. Thanks for the advice redneck and mrg02d

Sean

Id be willing to bet that if the nem didnt sting them that he at least smothered them enough to tick them off. Blocking their light and water flow on top of a possible "bad touch" will anger anyone.

Ive seen some corals make it through some TOUGH times, so I would be optimistic about the polyps. (Unless they got a nasty sting). I used to try to smoosh my mushrooms in place thinking that would keep them there. :) They really didnt like that! Took a trip around the tank for a month or two and then wound up back in the light and looking happy!

Matt

Yea I bet they are ticked off, I would be too you know.
Im going to stay optimistic, I will be getting them away from the nem and into better light and flow tonight. So hopefully they recover. I didnt know what these were so I was unsure of placement for them. As far as the nem is concerned he moved from where he was to where his is now and couldnt be any happier.

hay i had the same problem but with a different coral. Here goes my story, i bought a nem then put it in tank it settled itself wright on a coral!!! =[. The nem was happy so i left there 2 weeks later the nem is still there shocking it!!! The bottom of the coral started to rot so i was like it couldnt even hurt to try to salvage it by cutting the coral at the bottom of the stalk so i did. Two hours later the coral was already attatched to the new rock. It is still alive and is doing great. Best of all since i left the complete bottom of stalk connected to rock the one that was rotting came rite back to life and is growing like crazy!!!

So what you are saying is that I could cut the stem of these and try to put it on a different rock and it might help them to regenerate? Because if so I would be willing to try that to help them out.

Thats the general idea. Google coral fragging and youll find loads of info on it. Check youtube for some videos of people doing it.

Matt

You don't want to just cut the stem..you need to either break the rock or peel them off the rock that they are on. They come off pretty easy.

I will google it to see what I can find out about doing this. I dont want to harm them in any way. Thank you TC. I will do my homework on this. :)

Brian, tell us what you mean?

He fragged the zoa by cutting it by the stalk rather than pulling the entire thing up. I think he means to say that if someone does it his way, that he wont be to blame if it dies. :D

Dont worry Brian, everyone here appreciates ALL experiences to be shared! Maybe you are on to something? I cured my acropora of redbugs using Betadine rather than Interceptor, but I would also add that that should be done at the users risk and not mine. :-D

Matt

I do appreciate all the advice I can get. Havnt tried anything yet though. As i belive I am not experienced enough, so i have to read up and watch videos and what not.

Sean

Back
Top Bottom