Any ideas?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kio707

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know what this is and if it's safe?

Last edited:
Where do you people get these crazy hitch hikers from? LOL I started with live rock from an established tank and didn't get anything more than some dying palythoas. (which are now a plague in my tank).

I would seriously bug out if I had that in my tank. hehe.... It looks huge...

carey said:
Where do you people get these crazy hitch hikers from? LOL I started with live rock from an established tank and didn't get anything more than some dying palythoas. (which are now a plague in my tank).

About an inch and 1/2.... Lol...

carey said:

So far I have only gotten one mini brittlestar that lives under my GSP. He us fun to watch during feeding, he waves his arm around trying to catch food. Occasionally he will get a brine shrimp LOL

Most people don't even look over the rocks when they buy them. Usually you can spot a hitchhiker if you are looking

I check out every piece of rock that I buy that goes in my tank. I'll take a few minutes to analyze every nook and cranny that I can. But i'm obsessive compulsive. LOL Probably why i didn't get too many hikers on my bought live rock.

carey said:
I check out every piece of rock that I buy that goes in my tank. I'll take a few minutes to analyze every nook and cranny that I can. But i'm obsessive compulsive. LOL Probably why i didn't get too many hikers on my bought live rock.

See, I'm always so excited about hitchhikers! I'm worried that they die and so I dump in the water fairly fast.
Of course I inspect the stone, but not for too long.
This way I got lots of good stuff. BUT I consider myself lucky, one day I will have some bad stuff
of course did I already get the occasional flat worm and aptasia, but there is always a way around those ;)

BTW chitons are GREAT

carey said:

Having minor OCD and doing saltwater fish tanks is difficult, believe me I have it :) LOL

Back
Top Bottom