Anyone know what r they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
img_1016270_0_52a61554aed4d60518f61dd707e4b903.jpg
img_1016270_1_3df70bf32285c33c115951df07af814b.jpg
they have been sitting on this rock when I first bought it.
I have no idea what they r, I thought they r corals, but I wanna make sure what they r, and if they r safe for keeping.
I love this rock so much, there are so many different little things in it, just don't know if they r safe.
It also have DIGITATE HYDROIDS like I mention on my other thread, but they r gone now, didn't see them a while (at night).

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Poke it. If it sucks back into the rock then its Aptasia. If it sortof folds over then its a coral. Probably a polyp if it is a coral.

They look like star polyps (pachyclavularia) and palythoa/zoanthus to me.

I think James hit it on the head. I was going to say the same thing. The white circle in the middle makes me think star polyps also.

it won't hide back to the rock, the fat one fold, and the thin one just fold back a little bit.

I m thinking about star polyps, but I wanna make sure, so I won't have bad thing in my tank.

I will try to get another photos that clearer

when I first get the rock, it only have 1 polyps like 0.25inch, 2days later, a lot of small ones popped out near it and I started to locate many of them on the rock. now there are even more, some of them grow to as big as the first one i saw.
I found 2 of the fatter brown, one is on this rock, the other one is at the rock under this one.

isn't that a feather duster that does that?

they both do, the aiptasias I found a year ago were located under the sand,
they caught the ghost shrimp that I feed to my puffer, oh boy, they r strong,
i try to pull the shrimp out, it quickly hide back to the sand but at the same time it actually pull back from me, and we both got half of the shrimp at the end OoO

Back
Top Bottom