Aptaisia or anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See that's my problem I can't put shrimp in because I have a frog fish and just about anything that fits in his mouth is dinner I kinda hoped he might eat it but don't think it's tasty enough for him, wishful thinking really but the small ones are super small and it'll take forever to inject them all haha

Yeah, sorry I forgot about the frog fish! Your right, he'd eat them quick...cool fish though.
Kalkwasser paste might be easier than injecting, if you can get some of that. It's a calcium supplement that many reefers use, it's a powder. Mix some up with a little water so it's a paste, and smear it on them...kills em quick.

I shall go find some tomorrow I dunno if the fish shop have it but it's worth a try if only he wouldn't eat them it'd make life easier haha thanks for the help if I do find the paste do you rub it on the aptasia with my finger ?

I would use like a Popsicle stick or tongue depressor. Turn of your power heads for a little bit, while you do it, so it stays on the target. The Kalkwasser paste won't adversely effect your tank, but I wouldn't do all of them at the same time. Break it up into 2 or 3 days.

Thank you :) I'll let you all no what happens and if it works after I'd say 3 goes at him haha

Best of luck Arabella! Keep us posted, with pics if possible...want to see Goliath fall!! :)

I bought aptasia x today but every time I go to jab him he gets away I've gotten it in him but before I even get a chance to squeeze the needle hes gone it's a blunt needle more like a tube it'd be easier if it was a proper needle

This is all that's left of monstro for now :)

Attachments

• image-2753347300.jpg
    image-2753347300.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2339185558.jpg
    image-2339185558.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 84
Wow!, looks like you hit him with a bomb! If you see any of the pieces looking like they are surviving, hit them too. Nice!!

I feel bad cause he went crazy when I did it it's a shame there pests but it has to be done I'll keep you posted on if he try's to resurface something tells me he might be just hiding haha

I know what you mean, but they proliferate quickly and don't play well with others, haha.
From the looks of the aftermath, I'd say you got him! If you can, I would try to scrape the pieces off of the rock, and siphon them out with some tubing. They can grow from just a chunk, sometimes.

Idk if this works on all of them but I got some rocks an noticed them after a while. I was able to remove the rocks without the avalanche happening put them in a bucket upside down and they feel off in about 15 mins. No water in the bucket. Just a suggestion for possible next time to save cash.

It's not too bad cause I'll get a load of uses out of the bottle of stuff I think I'll use less next time cause it went all over the tank haha it's like foam thanks for all the help

I've found it works best if you keep the syringe away a bit and drop the paste on the aiptasia, they tend to not retract when done this way. The key is to get them to eat it, when they feel the syringe they spook and retract.

The guy in the fish shop said jab him with it and stick it right in the base of him seemed to work though I hope he doesn't come back haha

Back
Top Bottom