Aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nchipley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do u remove aphasia from tank? I've been removing the rocks that I find it on and use tweeser but I have 2 that are n a rock and when I remove to rock from the water the shrink to deep in the rock to get them any ideas?

you can't remove them with tweezers. you are only ripping them open and allowing them to spread. you need to kill them with a syringe full of vinegar, boiling water, kalkwasser paste, joes juice, aptasia-X.....

they make a product called Aiptasia X that i'm rather fond of, you just squirt it on their mouths.

Once u use the product they just shrivel up and die no need to remove what's left

Peppermint shrimp will work as well. I had one and got a shrimp and two days later it was gone! Some will eat it... some wont. Luck of the draw.

Is Aiptasia-X harmful to fish? My Clowns will try and eat anything that remotely looks like food. Ill turn my pumps off when treating to stop it spreading through the tank, but i think they'll still get to try some

i once saw a tang glue his own mouth almost completely shut by eating some floating crazy glue gel. a couple days and he was good as new. you would be surprised what a fish can withstand. i think aptasia X is mainly kalkwasser anyway.....at least joes juice is. they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom