Aptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b.jent10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are these aptasia? They are absolutely huge. I've never seen aptasia get so big, so it made me wonder.

image-2187632631.jpg

I would say yes. I have seen plenty that size on fresh wild rock.

They seem to get bigger every day but they aren't spreading at all...weird? I was certain that they'd be all over the tank by now

b.jent10 said:
They seem to get bigger every day but they aren't spreading at all...weird? I was certain that they'd be all over the tank by now

They really spread if u pick at em. Inject them with steaming RO and lemon juice. Cheap and it works

Yeah, don't pick at them or try to remove them by hand. Squirt them with hot lemon juice, or you can try one of the other products on the market like Joe's Juice, or AptasiaX.

AquaRick said:
Yeah, don't pick at them or try to remove them by hand. Squirt them with hot lemon juice, or you can try one of the other products on the market like Joe's Juice, or AptasiaX.

+1 on the lemon juice . I posted a thread last week on my issue with this nuisance all I used was regular lemon juice not even warmed up the next day all dead completely . I just let it rock for a couple hrs than used a Baster to get them off the rock . No sign of any yet !

Wow thanks for the advice guys. Definitely gonna give it a try. Will the lemon juice work no matter the size of the aptasia? I've started to get babies in my 29 too

b.jent10 said:
Wow thanks for the advice guys. Definitely gonna give it a try. Will the lemon juice work no matter the size of the aptasia? I've started to get babies in my 29 too

It should.

b.jent10 said:

Yea it should also wipe them out its just trickier to try and get them on the side with the syringe.

I've got one peppermint in my 29. If he is eating them, it's not much. But they don't seem to be growing or spreading quickly, do maybe he is.

I had the same thing happen to my tank so I got 2 peppermint shrimps and the next day they were gone but I have a small nano tank 2.5g

Do you guys think 2 peppermints are too many for a 29? I also have a sexy shrimp and a pistol shrimp in there

Back
Top Bottom