Baby Pink Tip Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marci04

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We bought a Pick Tip (Haitian) Anemone about 3 weeks ago. He had moved himself in the tank a couple of times and now seems very happy where he is at. We feed him a feeder fish twice a week. Anyway, two days ago I spotted what you see in the picture. Looks to me like it's a baby anemone. Right now it is about the size of a pea. (Zoomed in with camera to enlarge it so hopefully it can be identified.)I have watched it move it's tentacles to it's mouth as if it were feeding itself. Today, I found 3 more exactly alike throughout the tank. I have tried finding information about it and I am not finding much. Do they have babies? Is this what happens when they spilt off? Do they bud? Please help, I'd love to know more about what is happening and if I should be do anything special! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• image-1580966246.jpg
    image-1580966246.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 206
That is aiptasia or a glass anemone, they are a pest nem that you will want to get rid of ASAP before it spreads and overruns your tank

Injection with lemon juice, use of Aiptasia X or Joe's juice or Kalkwasser paste are good methods of removal

Yes those are Aiptasia and can sting other corals if close you can also buy peppermint shrimp to help eat the more smaller type

Back
Top Bottom